The FY16 budget for the Arts and Humanities is approved, and in light of the many challenges facing our local economy we believe that this budget is a good one. We are pleased that rather than diminish funding for GOS, MSO, SOG, IAS, AIRSG and ASCG and AHCMC Administration as proposed by the County’s Emergency Savings Plan, that the County Council accepted our proposal to take $200,000 from the FY16 Matching Fund.
The County Council also voted to take $141,000 from the remaining FY16 CIG funds. Consequently, we will not accept any application for FY16 emergency capital improvement grant funds nor will we distribute matching funds in FY16.
The following FY16 amended AHCMC budget has been approved:
- Operating Support Grants – $3,004,852
- Small/Midsize Orgs & Individual Artists and Scholars – $698,883
- Advancement Grants – $250,050
- Arts and Humanities Matching Fund – $0
- Wheaton A&E District – $90,000
- Administration – $429,830
Total AHCMC FY16 NDA – $4,473,615
- Public Arts Trust – $140,000
- Capital Improvement Grants – $1,000,000