Level-up with professional career coaching!
In partnership with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) Metro DC Chapter, the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County (AHCMC) launched the AHCMC BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) Emerging Leaders Coaching Cohort (BELCC) in August 2021. The program provides free professional leadership coaching to enhance the careers of emerging BIPOC arts managers in and around Montgomery County Maryland.
Who should participate?
BIPOC arts administrators looking to develop new skills that will take their career to the next level in the first five years of their arts management career or the first 5 years of a new position. Preference will be given to Montgomery County residents and employees but all those living and working in the DMV region (Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, District of Columbia, Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax) are encouraged to apply.
Provide pro bono one-on-one professional leadership and career coaching to inspire and support emerging leaders of color in the arts and humanities through a thought-provoking and creative process that maximizes their personal goals and professional potential.
Participants may explore a variety of topics with their personal coach, including:
- Adapting to organizational change
- Excelling at new roles and responsibilities
- Increasing self-esteem / self-confidence
- Improving work-life balance
- Enhancing career opportunities
- Improving communication skills
- Strengthening relationship-building and managment
- Amplifying team effectiveness
How will it work?
Two cohorts of 10-15 emerging leaders will launch the program in October 2021 and in February 2022 respectively. Each participant must commit to 8 pro bono coaching hours/sessions averaging two sessions per month.
- Support emerging arts and humanities leaders of color in and around Montgomery County
- Strengthen and deepen the leadership capacity and competencies of participants
- Foster and expand a participant-network of equity-driven leaders in and around Montgomery County
See below to submit your application online! To print and complete the application click here. All printed applications must be submitted electronically to BELCC@creativemoco.com.
*AHCMC reserves the right to determine participant selection and participation.*