On Thursday, May 24, 2018, the Montgomery County Council approved the budget of $5,356,943 for the arts and humanities. The resolution for FY19 is as follows:
- Operating Support Grants: $3,374,941 (flat over FY18)
- Small/Mid-Size Organizations, Creative Projects, Arts Education, and Individual Artist/Scholar Grants: $854,574 (flat over FY18)
- Advancement Grants: $295,094 (flat over FY18)
- AHCMC Administration: $540,519 (flat over FY18)
- Arts and Humanities Matching Fund: $200,000 (flat over FY18)
- Grants to Support Wheaton Arts and Entertainment District: $91,815 (flat over FY18)
Congratulations to the entire arts and humanities sector. We thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to the field. Our lives are richer and more creative as a result.