We are thrilled to announce the recipients of the 2012 Montgomery County Executive’s Awards for Excellence in the Arts and Humanities:
- Lifetime Impact Award – Eliot Pfanstiehl
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Carol Leahy
- Patron Award – Robert Dohmen
- Community Award – Honorable Jud Ashman, Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Education Award – Claire Schwadron, Project Youth ArtReach of Class Acts Arts, Inc.
- Emerging Leader Award – Jennifer Buzzell, Strathmore
- Outstanding Artist or Scholar Award – Allan Stevens, the Puppet Co.
- Volunteer Award – Alan Bowser, Silver Spring Town Center, Inc.
These individuals will receive their awards at a special ceremony on Monday, October 22 at the Cultural Arts Center, Montgomery College Takoma Park/Silver Spring. Recipients of FY12 and FY13 grant awards from AHCMC will also be recognized. The event is free and open to all, and tickets are required. Tickets will be made available to the public on Monday, October 1 at creativemoco.com/executives-awards.
Congratulations again to this year’s award recipients, and we hope to see you at the ceremony on October 22!