- Operating Support Grants – $3,374,941 ($66,739 over FY17)
- Small/Mid-Size Organizations, Creative Projects, Arts Education, and Individual Artist/Scholar Grants – $854,574 (increased $75,713 over FY17)
- Advancement Grants – $295,094 (increased $45,044 over FY17)
- AHCMC Administration – $540,519 (increased $10,689 over FY17)
- Arts and Humanities Matching Fund – $200,000 (flat from FY17)
- Grants to Support Wheaton Arts and Entertainment District – $91,815 (increased $1,815 over FY17)
- Grant to National Philharmonic – $150,000 (earmark in line with that of FY17)
Total Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County FY18 NDA – $5,506,943
The FY18 budget also includes:
- Capital Improvement Grants – $800,000*
Congratulations to the entire arts and humanities sector. We thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to the field. Our lives are richer and more creative as a result.
*While $1 million is available for Capital Improvement Grants, demand does not exceed supply in this category. Therefore, in response to a request from the County Council and Office of Management and Budget a portion of the funds will support $200,000 in renovations for the Noyes Children’s Library in Kensington, Md. We support this decision as it is in line with our mission to support the humanities.