Each year, Montgomery County recognizes the artists, scholars, organizations, and community leaders that have significantly enriched the region through the arts and humanities. We are beyond thrilled to announce this year’s winners; and to prove it, we’ll be posting some very special features here on the blog. We are gearing up for what will be an unforgettable night of celebration on October 21st, so definitely keep an eye on this space!
Until then, please join us in congratulating the 2013 Executive’s Awards for Excellence in the Arts and Humanities award recipients:
• Lifetime Impact Award – Busy Graham, Community Arts Advocate
• Lifetime Achievement Award – Nilimma Devi, Sutradhar Institute of Dance and Related Arts
• Patron Award – Thomas D. Murphy, EagleBank
• Community Award – Patricia Woolsey, ArtStream
• Education Award – Betty Scott, Strathmore
• Emerging Leader Award – Heena Genti, CREATE Arts Center
• Outstanding Artist or Scholar Award – David R. Minton, Lumina Studio Theatre
• Volunteer Award – Maritza Rivera, Mariposa Poetry
These individuals will receive their awards from County Executive Ike Leggett at a special awards ceremony on Monday, October 21st at 7PM at Montgomery College’s Cultural Arts Center. The event is free and open to all, and tickets are required.
Need a ticket? CLICK HERE to RSVP
Join us for a spectacular night of performance and celebration as we honor these extraordinary leaders in the arts and humanities.