- Must be a current grantee of AHCMC
- Must be a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization registered with the Office of the Secretary as per the
Maryland Solicitations Act
Matching Funds Project Focus Areas
- Click here for a full description of our five project focus areas
- COVID-19 Emergency Relief has been added as a focus area for FY2020
- Matching Funds for FY2020 launch on Friday, March 27th at 5:00pm EST
- Projects must be between $1,000 and $10,000
- Power2give.org applies a total of 12% in fees to credit card donations.
- 3% Credit Card processing, 5.25% in administrative fees, and 3.75% in licensing fees.
- No fees are applied to available matching funds through the platform.
- Each organization receives 88% of each approved donation and 100% of each match.
- This averages to 6% of the total project, similar to Kickstarter and other platforms.
- Projects may fundraise past their goal, but donations after the goal is met will not be matched.
- Example. For an $8,000 project, all donations will be matched (when available) until the project goal is met. Once the project meets the $8,000 goal, any new donations will be processed, but those donations will not be matched.
- A statement on how additional funds will be used if your goal is exceeded is also required.
- The Arts and Humanities Council is the nonprofit of record for all donations and will send all IRS Acknowledgement Letters to donors automatically by email.
- Each donation is designated to the project’s fundraising organization, and organizations are able to download the contact information and transaction history for their donors.
- Fundraisers are encouraged to thank donors and steward the relationship. This is a donor acquisition tool as well as a fundraising tool!
- Organizations may not raise money for a project that has already been completed.
- Projects cannot offset already incurred debt such as a new floor that has already been installed or a production that has already started performances.
- Matching funds are applied in real time to project goal totals when available
- Example: If a $100 donation is received when matching funds are available at a $1-to-$1 match, $200 will be applied to the project: $100 for the donation and $100 for the match.
- Matching funds are not guaranteed and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Projects can be no longer than 90 days.
How to Register and New User Training:
- Watch the tutorial below on registering your organization with power2give.org and posting your first project.
- E-mail Joe Frandoni at Joe.Frandoni@creativemoco.com once you have watched the training video and completed registration.
Marketing and Communications Materials
Marketing Professional Development Videos:
Effective power2give.org Project Marketing
Finding new Donors with power2give.org